How he won gold..
Subedar Neeraj Chopra
Subedar Neeraj Chopra (gold medalist) is an Indian javelin thrower. He is the first to win an Olympic Gold medal in track and field athlete for India. Neeraj Chopra is the reigning Olympic champion with 87.6m winning throw on 7th August 2021. Chopra hurled the javelin at 88.07m to break his own national record.
.Chopra was also selected as the flag-bearer at the opening ceremony for India at the 2018 Asian Games, which marked his first Asian Games appearance. In his earlier career, he was the 2016 World U20 champion and set the world under-20 record of 86.48 m. He is the first Indian athlete to ever win a World title in Track and Field at U-20. Neeraj is one of only 2 Indians to win a gold medal in any individual games at the Olympics for India.
About early life of Neeraj chopra
his father’s name is Satish Kumar and his mother’s name is Saroj Devi. He was born on 24 Dec. 1997, in khandra at Panipat district, Haryana. He belongs to the Ror caste, an agricultural family. He started playing javelin at the age of 13. Choudhary became his first coach in Tau Devi Lal Sports Complex in Panchkula There, he trained under coach Naseem Ahmad. He won his first international medal in 2014, a silver at the Youth Olympics Qualification in Bangkok. He won a gold medal at the 2016 South Asian Games with a throw of 84.23 m, where he equaled the Indian national record.
|Full name||Neeraj Chopra|
|Born||24 DEC 1997 [Age 23]|
|Education||DAV College Chandigarh|
|Height||1.82 [in feet, 6ft.]|
|Sport||track and field|
|coached by||Uwe Hohn|
Shoking facts About Neeraj Chopra
- Neeraj was enrolled in 4 RAJPUTANA RIFLES as a Direct Entry Naib Subedar on 15 May 2016. After joining the Indian Army, he was selected for training at Mission Olympics Wing and Army Sports Institute, Pune.
- Neeraj was conferred with the Arjuna Award in 2018 and VSM in 2020 for his excellence in sports
- Neeraj Chopra has won India’s first gold medal in athletes.
- the current coach Neeraj Chopra is Uwe Hohn.
- Apart from Hohn, biomechanics expert Klaus Bartonietz also worked with Neeraj Chopra during the Tokyo Olympics.
National Awards won by Neeraj Chopra
Arjuna Award – 2018
Vishisht Seva Medal – 2020 Republic Day honor
REWARDS announced by various organisations
- ₹75 lakh from the Government of India.
- ₹6 crore from the Government of Haryana.
- ₹2 crore from BYJU’S
- ₹1 crore from Board of Control for Cricket in India.
- ₹1 crore from Chennai Super Kings.
- ₹75 lakh from the Indian Olympic Association.
FAQ / IMPORTANT FACTS About neeraj Chopra
who is Neeraj Chopra?
He is an Indian Athlete who won the gold medal at Tokyo Olympics 2020 in the javelin throw.
who is the coach of Neeraj Chopra ?
how old is Neeraj Chopra?
23 years old
Who is Subedar Neeraj Chopra?
He is actually the gold medalist of TOKYO Olympics 2020 in the javelin throw.
Where is Olympian Neeraj Chopra from?
khandra at Panipat district, Haryana.
What did Neeraj Chopra get after winning gol medal?
- Anand Mahindra, chairman of Mahindra and Mahindra, has announced to give a brand new XUV 700 to Chopra when he returns to India
- IOA is going to give him cash reward of ₹75 Lakh.
- CSK also announced a reward of ₹1 crore.
- The BCCI has announced a cash reward of ₹1 crore.
- Indian Railways has also announced ₹3 Crore reward.
What is the performance of Neeraj Chopra in the Tokyo Olympics?
Neeraj Chopra threw the javelin at a distance of 87.58 m in his second attempt.
His first throw of 87.03 m would have been enough to land him the Gold medal.
Is Neeraj Chopra Jaat?
No, he belongs to Ror Caste.
read more articles here–
read about HARSH BENIWAL.